Married to Mania
Marriage is a lot of hard work, even when both partners are even-keeled and do not have any psychological issues. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who would tell you that being married is all “peaches and cream” and that they absolutely never fight or disagree. However, when one or both of the partners in a marriage have a psychological disorder, such as bipolar disorder, a marriage can be even harder to keep together. For people in this situation, a book such as “Married to Mania” can be very helpful for taking steps in the right direction to keep your marriage on track.
How do you know if “Married to Mania” is the right choice for helping your marriage? Ask yourself these questions:
- Does it seem like chaos is ruling our lives?
- Does it feel like my spouse does not love me some of the time?
- Are there times where I just feel like I have failed because of my spouse’s behavior?
When the answer to these questions is yes, it is possible that you may be married to someone who has bipolar disorder. “Married to Mania” can help you to learn how to focus on the good in your marriage and help you to understand why your spouse acts the way he or she does and most importantly, that it is not your fault and that you did nothing to make them act this way. The best way to help is to have them see a doctor for medication to control the disease, but even with the help of a doctor, there may still be chaos in your marriage.
Many times, when one partner has bipolar disorder, many thoughts will go through the mind of their spouse. Questions such as:
- Would it be better to divorce?
- How can I protect my children from their bipolar parent’s mood swings?
- What can I do to make things go more smoothly?
- If my boyfriend/girlfriend is bipolar, should I even consider marriage?
- Will bipolar disorder ever really go away?
“Married to Mania” is available in three different formats and is there to help you answer these questions and more. You can choose to receive this book in print form, as an e-book, or a combination of the two. This book shows you fifteen different concepts that have been proven to help you get through a bipolar marriage and help to ensure that you do not become a divorce statistic.